Mr Ashaq Hussain is an alumnus of IHM Srinagar. He is UGC-NET qualified and pursuing his PhD in the field of Destination Branding from University of Jammu. He has served Institute of Hotel Management, Kurukshetra, Haryana and Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil University Mumbai in the capacity of Assistant Lecturer and Senior Lecturer respectively. He is having 5 years teaching experience. His academic interests are in the area of Tourism Accounting, Research Methodology, Destination Planning and Hotel Management. He has presented papers in national and International conferences, seminars and has attended workshops on Research Methodology, Econometrics, Leadership etc and has number of Research papers to his credit.He is presently serving Central University of Kashmir in the capacity of Assistant Professor in the Department of Tourism Studies under School of Management Studies and owing to his strongest professional network across the globe, is holding the charge of departmental coordinator for Training and Placement as well. He has been certified by Ministry of Tourism, GOI as Certified Hospitality Trainer.
- Completed CHT (Certified Hospitality Training) Programme designed by Ministry of Tourism for teaching Tourism and Hospitalty Management.
- Completed six months(IT) Industrial Training from Hotel The Ashok, Chanakya Puri New Delhi.
- Completed 15 days (FDP) Faculty Development Programme from Hotel Taj Vivanta Srinagar.
Pursuing PhD in Tourism & Hospitality Management from School of Hospitality and Tourism Hospitality and Tourism Management, University of Jammu, J&K
Qualified UGC NET in Tourism Administration & Management (Dec 2010) conducted by UGC for the recruitment of Assistant Professors in AIU.
Completed MTM (Masters in Tourism Management) from IGNOU New Delhi. (2008-2010)
Completed Bsc H &HA (Hospitality and Hotel Administration) from IHM-Srinagar (NCHMCT Affiliated) and IGNOU University (July2005- April2008 batch).
- Najar, A.H. (2011). Role of Local Transportation on Tourist Arrival at a Destination: A Case study of Kurukshetra. Earth: NITHM Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management Vol.2 (1) pg 28.
- Najar, A.H, &Dar, A.A. (2011).Volunteer Tourism In India. Proceedings of International Conference on Sustainable Destination Excellence. University of Jammu, Jammu
- Najar, A.H. (2011).Medical Tourism in India. Proceedings of International Conference on Strategies and Innovations for Sustainable Development in Organizations. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi India
- Najar, A.H., Joshi, P.S. (2012). Planning for Sustainable Heritage Tourism: A way to regional Socio-Economic Development. In Mishra, L and Gautam, S (1st), Heritage & Tourism: Public potential and Problems Pg 230-237. Ghaziabad, U.P. Bharati Publishers
- Najar, A.H., Arora, M. & Singh .P (2013).Hotel Industrial Training and Hotel Management Students A critical Analysis of Hotels and Hospitality Institutions. Gautam, P. & Bansal, L.K. (1st) An Introduction to the Hospitality Industry. An Overview pg.330-336. Darya Ganj, New Delhi: Neha Publishers
- Najar, A.H., & Arora, M.(2013).Branded Housekeeping Chemicals posturing towards eco-Friendly Practices & economic sustenance in Hospitality Industry. South Asian Journal of Tourism and Hospitality
- Najar, A.H., & Manhas. P,S (2013).Destination potentiality towards tourist arrivals and its impact on its economic sustenance. Earth: NITHM Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management Vol2 (2)pg 20-26
- Najar. A.H & Bhagat .A. (2013).Company Merger and Branding: A path way towards sustainability of tourism products. In Subrata. D (1st), The contemporary Research Handbook Pg 369-389. Sarbrucken Germany: Lambert Academic publishing
- Najar, A.H., & Singh, .P (2013) Brand Salience and Brand Association, A tool to gain tourist Destination Revisitation: DMO’s perspective. International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Management, Vol 3(06) Pg45
- Najar, A.H., Kaur, P. & Najar, F.A. (2013) E-communication and learning: an innovation in tourism and hospitality education. Published in a book in the form of chapter.
- Najar, A.H., Arora, M. & Gupta. S (2013).Work Stress: A declination towards the performance of hotel employees. Journal of Tourism and Hospitality(An International Journal on Tourism and Hospitality) Vol2(2)
- Najar, A.H., Arora, M. & Singh. H (2013) Man and Environment: An Impact analysis of Tourist arrivals on a destination.CORD Journal of Kashmir University.
- Najar. A.H & Bhagat .A. Banda, .A.(2014).Environmental Indicators and sustainable Tourism Development: A critical analysis of Tourists on Destinations.
Conference Attended and Presented Papers
- Najar,.A.H. & Dar, A.A. (2011) “Volunteer Tourism In India”. International Conference on Sustainable Destination Excellence: Innovations in Alternative Tourism (SDEIAT), School of Hospitality & Tourism Management (SHTM), University of Jammu, India, February 17 – 18, 2011. (Presented).
- Najar,.A.H. (2011) “Medical Tourism In India”. International Conference on Strategies & innovations for Sustainable Development in Organizations (SISDO), University School of Management Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University New Delhi, India, March 4 – 6th , 2011. (Presented).
- Najar,.A.H. (2011) “Marketing for Tourism In India”. National Conference on Emerging Issues in Marketing: Challenges and Perspectives’. Banarasidas Chandiwala Institute of Professional Studies, Indraprastha University New Delhi, India,February5th , 2011. (Presented).
- Najar, A.H. (2011). Role of Local Transportation on Tourist Arrival at a Destination: A Case study of Kurukshetra. National Conference on Hospitality and Tourism, Dr. Y. S. R. National Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management, Hyderabad India. November 11th-12th 2011 (presented)
- Najar,.A.H., Madan, .S.(2012) “Effect of Anthropology in taking Hotel Management as a career”. International Conference on Technical Education: Experiences, opportunities and Challenges, Siddhivinayak Engineering & Management Institutions, Kurukshetra University Haryana, India, April 7th–8th , 2012. (Presented).
- Najar,.A.H.& Joshi. P.V. (2012) “Planning of sustainable Heritage Tourism-A path way to Regional Socio-Economic Development”. International Seminar on Heritage and Tourism, Public, Potential and Problems, Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University Agra, India, April 16th – 18th , 2012. (Presented).
- Najar,.A.H., Charak, .N & Singh, P. (2013) “Spa Resorts: A tool towards the mental and Physical Relaxation of a tourist at a destination”. World Yoga Conference. The Yoga Center, University of Jammu, Jammu, India, February 21st – 23rd, 2013. (Presented).
- Najar,.A.H.& Arora, .M.(2013) “Students Leaving Turnover in Hotel Management Profession after Industrial training during their curriculum”. Department of Tourism and Hotel Management, Kurukshetra University, Haryana, India, February 23rd, 2013. (Presented).
- Najar,.A.H. & Arora, M. (2013) “Rural Tourism and its Marketing Strategies for Destination Development”. Department of Tourism and Travel Management, Central University of Jammu, Jammu, India, March 30th – 31st , 2013. (Presented).
- Najar,.A.H., Akbar, N.A. & Najar, M (2013) “Food Wastage: A threat to Biodiversity(An Impact Analysis of Kashmiri Cuisine)”. The Institutions of Engineers J&K State Chamber Srinagar, India, June 5th , 2013. (Presented).
- Najar,. A.H., Najar .F.A.(2014). 2nd HOSTCON 2014, Green Hospitality and Tourism Industry; Status trend and future Prospects, University Institute Hotel and Tourism Management ,Panjab University, Chandigarh,India ,8th -9th Feb 2014,
- Priya Singh(2013) Conversion of Heritage Building into Hotel: A case study of Udaipur Haveli (MTM Dissertation)
- Vikas Mohan (2013) Safety and security of Foreign tourists in Delhi.(105221800 MTM Dissertation)
- Arvind Verma (2013) Existing Tourism Managment Institutes in and around Chandigarh with their service levels.(105221896 MTM Dissertation)
- Punit (MTM Dissertation)
- Sideeq –ur-rehman(2014).Transport and Tourism Arrivals: A critical Analysis of Kashmir.(MTM Dissertation)
- 60 days Certified Hospitality Training Programme(2008).Institute of Hotel Management, Pusa NewDelhi
- 10 days leadership workshop (2003).Art of Living and Vekti Vikas Kendra Bangalore India.
- 7 Days Qualitative and Quantitative research methods Workshop (2013).Department of commerce, University of Jammu, Jammu India.
- Attended 3 Days Workshop on Entrepreneur Skills conducted by Tata Institution of Social Sciences, Mumbai in collaboration with Chinar International, USA